
Jordan attended a bowling birthday party this past weekend. This place was great! All the lanes had kids' birthday parties going on. Jordan was so excited when we walked in and instantly took to bowling.
About 30 minutes into the party, I looked up to see Jordan with her arms crossed glaring at a little girl doing the same thing back to Jordan. They were right in each other's faces. I instantly thought, this is it -- she is about to get in a fight for the very first time. My sweet kind girl was actually glaring at another little girl.
I walked over quickly, got down to their level, and asked what they were doing. Jordan told me that the little girl would not let her have the PINK BOWLING BALL! I told Jordan to introduce herself to the little girl and to say hello. The little girl just stood there with her arms crossed still glaring at Jordan. I then told the little girl to please tell Jordan her name and to say hello to Jordan. The little girl did so. I then told both of them that this was a birthday party and they were to be nice to each other, get along, and to share the ball. I walked off thinking it was settled.
I looked back and they were going at it again. Apparently the little girl would use the pink bowling ball but then would stand over the hole where the ball would come back up as to grab the pink ball again. This strategy never allowed Jordan to use it. I walked back to hear Jordan quizzing the girl as to why she was doing that. I once again told both of them that they were going to have to work this out and to share. Jordan than said "Mommy, my favorite color is pink and so is hers. We both want the ball". About this time the little girl's father walked over to find out what the problem was. He couldn't have been nicer. I told him they were fighting over a pink ball! We both laughed. We then saw Jordan and his daughter discussing the pink ball with each other. They looked so serious. It was cute and funny at the same time.
The rest of the party was uneventful and at the end of the night, the little girl came over and said good-bye to Jordan. When I was walking out, I suddenly noticed a rack of balls with more pink balls on the rack. If I had only known!