Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Busy October Weekend

Jordan and Katelyn had a friend over Saturday morning. They had a blast playing with her.
Here the girls are playing with Play-doh.

Having a good time!

Jordan and her friend both just turned 4 years old. Us Moms were pregnant together at the same time and were the exact same age. Our girls were born a week or so apart. I cannot believe how fast 4 years has gone. I remember being pregnant and talking with my friend about how excited we both were about having girls. Look at them now!

Intent on creating something with play-doh!

Later on in the afternoon, Jordan than attended another friend's birthday party at Slappy's Playhouse. It was a really cute show and she had a great time at the birthday party.
Jordan with some of her friends waiting for cake!
I dressed Katelyn in her Minnie Mouse dress this weekend to take pictures of her in it. For her birthday party in December, she is having a Minnie Mouse party. I want to send out invitations to her class with her picture on it so I needed to take these pictures. I think this is the photo I'm going to use. She looks adorable. I cannot believe my baby is going to be two!!

"Classic Katelyn" showed up during the picture taking. I guess this is her way of saying we are done!

The sisters! They both love these black skirts they are wearing. They will both stand and dance around in them.

Yes, Katelyn did it again --- her pose!

Today after taking these pictures we went to eat breakfast with Aunt Julie and then to Costco for grocery shopping. Katelyn has the cutest sparkle pink tennis shoes that she had on with this outfit. When we got to Costco, we put her in the cart and I remember seeing her shoes on her. Half way through our shopping, I realized one of her shoes was missing. We retraced our steps, went to lost and found but never did find it. As CHH was carrying her out to the car, I asked Katelyn again, "Where is your shoe?" Katelyn replied "Bye-bye shoe!" I loved those shoes on her!
Late Sunday afternoon, Jordan and Ali went to an American Girl fashion show. They both brought their dolls. Jordan had Samantha and Ali brought Kit. The show was adorable. They had girls dressed like the dolls. It was really cute.

The girls watching the show.

The best part of the show for Jordan was the bright pink and bright orange cupcakes. She ate the frosting off of 3. Jordan and I are a perfect pair. She eats the frosting (I don't like frosting) and I eat the cake!

Jordan's favorite - Samantha.

Mommy and Jordan along with Samantha. Jordan has Samantha dressed in a Mermaid outfit for Halloween.

Jordan with Samantha and Ali with Kit.

The end of the show. The girls in the show were so cute and did a great job.

I feel really bad about Jordan. After we were leaving the show, she was walking with Ali on the curb along side the street. All of a sudden I see her bracelet go flying and it is in the middle of the road. I then see her go to the curb and it looks like she is getting ready to run out in the street. A huge white suburban was driving by right then and came within inches of the bracelet. When I saw Jordan leaning on the curb, my heart went up into my throat and I felt instant fear. I yelled at her to stop right there and not move. Thank God she did.

I then jumped on her about throwing her bracelet in the street because she scared me to death that she was going to run after it. She said something about a nut but I had no idea what she was saying.

Well tonight at dinner, I told her to tell her Daddy about throwing her bracelet in the street. He asked her why she did it and she said that she threw a nut. I suddenly realized what she said. I asked if she actually threw a nut and she said yes. I then asked her if the bracelet slid off when she threw the nut and she said yes. Yes, I did feel awful!! I told her it was OK and I was sorry. I didn't realize it was an accident. I felt so bad about it.

Before going to bed, I told her I wanted to talk to her. I told her that I was very sorry that I jumped on her about her bracelet. I told her that Mommy was scared she was going to go out in the street and I could care a less about the bracelet. I told her if she ever had anything go in the street to let it go because we would get her a new one and that she was more important to us than any bracelet. I told her I was sorry again and that I didn't realize that it was an accident and Mommy feels so bad. She smiled and said "Mommy, it is OK. I don't mind. I know you don't want me to go in the street. It's OK."

For only being 4 years old, she constantly amazes me. She is such a kind sweet kid. I love her and her sister so very much! Between Jordan saying what she said tonight when I apologized and Katelyn telling us her shoe went bye-bye, I get smiles on my face when I think about what my girls say to me at times. They are so funny and both so sweet.