Sunday, January 24, 2010

San Antonio Weekend

CHH had a tax meeting in San Antonio this weekend so we went with him to have some good quality family time and fun. We had a great time.

We left Friday night after I got off work. The drive went well because the girls fell asleep about two hours outside of San Antonio so that made the trip quicker for them. Of course when we checked in, they were wide awake. Jordan wanted to watch her IPod and Katelyn layed on her to watch too. So cute.

The next day, CHH went to his meeting and I got the girls ready to go out.


Jordan wanted breakfast at the hotel so we ate there. Katelyn is so funny having to help her sister pour the milk for Jordan's cereal. She always wants to do what her big sis is doing!


After breakfast, we walked along the Riverwalk. Jordan was very concerned that Katelyn was going to fall in the river; she kept expressing this to me. I, actually, texted CHH to tell him what we were doing and told him about Jordan's worries. CHH texted me back "Me too!" -- he was worried Katelyn would fall in and he wasn't even there. Katelyn's family knows her well - ha!

The girls wanted to go on a boat ride so we did. All my times I have been to San Antonio I have never done this. It was fun and interesting. Guess what Jordan is telling the man? He asked her if she helps me around the house and she told him "no" that I was the maid! Apparently she does listen to my commentary; poor girl.

My babies on the boat. They loved it.



Katelyn at the Disney store in the Riverwalk Mall. She loves alligators/crocodiles.

CHH got out of his meeting and joined us. Guess what we found walking around?! A magic shop. CHH was happy to go in.

Daddy and his girls watching a trick. The girls are so funny. They love magic. They are always trying to make a coin disappear like their Daddy does. Jordan's friends now have even begun to ask CHH to do tricks for them.

The girls won't remember this but I still wanted to take them to the Alamo. Jordan loved hearing the story of when she was smaller and calling it "Elmo".

CHH telling Jordan what happened at the Alamo. Jordan was very sad about the men dying.

The girls loved this well inside the Alamo.

CHH gave them money to throw in the well. Later I saw Jordan stop walking, bow her head and saw her lips move. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was talking to God (Can you believe that?). She said she made the wrong wish and was asking God if he could change it for her. I wonder what she wished for.

The medical facility in the Alamo was interesting. Jordan's reflection can be seen in this picture.

After leaving the Alamo, we saw this Cinderella carriage ride. Jordan has always wanted to take a ride in the Cinderella carriage so we did this time. Katelyn and her were so excited to do so.


Back at the hotel, the girls wanted to play with Play-Doh. There was not a balcony for them to play on and I didn't want to make a mess in the room so I put them in the bathtub. It was perfect and they had so much fun. It was a mess when they were done!

Aunt Kara arrived Saturday afternoon. I wonder how it feels to be a welled loved Aunt! The girls were so excited to see her. They adore their Aunt Kara.

Kara and I took the girls to the Rain Forest Cafe on the Riverwalk for dinner. CHH joined us briefly before having to run off to another meeting.


As stated before, Katelyn gets scared when it rains and thunders. Rain Forest cafe has a "rain storm" about every 20 minutes. Even though it was not real, poor Katelyn got so upset.

Real tears.

Gobs of chocolate brownie, ice cream and fudge sauce made everything better!


Aunt Kara picked this dessert for everyone. Good pick!


Back to the mall after dinner. We stopped at a shoe store and then went to see the movie "The Alamo" at the IMAX in the mall. Jordan cracked me up trying on shoes while I was doing the same. She is so girly.
Aunt Kara having fun in the store as well.


A model of the battle at the Alamo. I was fascinated after seeing the movie. I forgot my Texas history!

Night, night time.

Sunday, we had a relaxing morning and breakfast.

Checking out! Jordan said to me "Mommy, when I'm a Mama I'm going to bring my kids here. I love San Antonio!" It was a great weekend with my family.