Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Princess and the Frog - Princess Alexa Foundation Event


The Princess Alexa Foundation held an exclusive event for foundation board members, Crys and Zack's friends and several local families with children battling illness to see the new Disney movie, "The Princess and the Frog." It was held at the Studio Movie Grill and was an awesome event. The children walked a red carpet walkway, received gift bags, and got to meet and take pictures with Princess Tiana! The picture above is Jordan, Jordan's good friend, and Katelyn walking into the event.
All three girls with their gift bags.

The girls were so excited and loved looking at things as they walked in.

The girls with Princess Tiana! All three have on their new Princess Tiana dresses for the event.




Aunt Jill went as well. Jill has volunteered often for the Princess Alexa Foundation and has collected items for the foundation a couple of years in a row now.



Crys, the founder of the Princess Alexa Foundation... I got all teary-eyed listening to Crys stand up in front of the packed theater and talk about the foundation and thank everyone for attending. As a Mom to two precious girls that are my whole world, I sat there looking at Crys in awe and was so proud of her and for her. Here is a Mom who with her whole heart would have loved to have been watching this new movie with her precious Alexa; instead she arranged a wonderful event for other parents and children to have a special time together. Despite a broken heart, Crys continues to give and do for others. I swear I thought I felt Alexa there at the theater along side her Mom and I knew she had to be so proud.

Two good friends. So sweet.

After the event, the girls had a playdate at our house and had the best time playing together. These two have been together for several years and continue to love to play together.