
Heartbreaker... At the end of the party, parents could take their kids home if they wanted. I was returning to work. Jordan saw other kids leaving with their parents and started crying really hard when she realized I was returning to work and not taking her. I felt awful. I would have called into work and looked into not returning but I had a critical conference call in the afternoon that I couldn't miss -- my head would have been on the chopping block :)
I was so torn up, trying to decide how to rectify the situation when two other Moms saw what was going on. They both volunteered to take Jordan home with them for a playdate. Long story short Jordan got to go with both girls!! All three girls went to Purple Cow for lunch and then over to one of the girl's homes for a playdate. Jordan was thrilled and I was so relieved.
It is hard being a working Mom at times especially when your little one can't do what many of the others are getting to do. It made me really sad but in the end it all worked out. She was happy and I made my call. Next time I may have to take a vacation day if I volunteer for another party at her school!
It is hard being a working Mom at times especially when your little one can't do what many of the others are getting to do. It made me really sad but in the end it all worked out. She was happy and I made my call. Next time I may have to take a vacation day if I volunteer for another party at her school!