The two hardest things on Jordan's actual birthday on Sunday was I was really sick and Katelyn not understanding about Jordan's presents. I could feel my throat getting sore and my nose started running late Saturday. Sunday when I woke up, I was miserable. I was sad because I was so excited for Jordan's birthday and wasn't feeling perky at all. I managed through the day and I don't think Jordan knew otherwise. I had wanted to do something special with her like take her to get her toes painted but was unable to do so; instead I slept in the afternoon after we took her to Purple Cow for lunch. As stated, she had a great day and that is what counts. I just wish I had more energy and wasn't sick to do the extra things I had planned. Oh well, we can get our toes painted on one of the upcoming weekends!
Side note: I will say I did have a litte pity party for myself on Jordan's birthday from being sick. I told CHH it was par for course since I spent the whole first day of Jordan's life on the day she was born throwing up. Why not celebrate the same way 4 years later?! At least this time I wasn't throwing up and just felt awful - ha! I also spent the whole first day of Katelyn's life the same way. I'm crossing my fingers and praying that on Katelyn's birthday everyone is healthy!
The other hard part was poor Katelyn not understanding about gifts. Jordan was opening all her gifts and Katelyn wanted to rip them open as well. Jordan was very good and let Katelyn help her -- Good Big Sister! However, we had to stop Katelyn several times from grabbing a gift before Jordan got to it and start opening it. We can tell that Katelyn is going to enjoy her birthday in December; at least she will love ripping the paper off the gifts.
Katelyn, also, was so funny because she can't say "Happy Birthday" yet. She would just say "Happy". It was too cute.