Well the Chasing Fireflies catalog arrived this year and Jordan began looking for her latest greatest costume for 2011. She thinks she found what she wants and the costume has earrings. Because of this, she started asking to get her ears pierced.
I have always stated Jordan could get her ears pierced when she wanted to do so. I didn't do it when she was a baby simply because I wanted it to be her choice and not mine. Anyhow she asked all week about doing so. I kind of thought she really wouldn't want to do so and was surprised she kept talking about it.
When I picked up her Daddy from the airport Friday night, I told him she wanted to get her ears pierced the next day, Saturday. CHH said she was too young. When I asked him how old he thought she needed to be, he said 21! :) I told him that wasn't happening. I understood what he was thinking in that she is our baby and this is a step towards her growing up. Hard.
Anyhow we talked some more about it and I told him I got my ears pierced when I was seven and she is almost seven now. I also told him how much she had been asking. The only thing he asked of me was to not push her to get them pierced -- if she changed her mind to let her. I was 100% in agreement because I honestly didn't care whether she did so or not right now. Again -- her choice.
Saturday morning, my sisters, Kara and Jill, my brother-in-law, Marty, my Dad, CHH and I went to see the last Harry Potter Movie, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2". Side note: So sad Harry Potter is over!! I have so many great memories of CHH and I purchasing the books at Midnight and going to every movie when it came out. Made me sad it had come to an end. Great fun times for my Sweetie and me. Loved the movie!
Anyhow after the movies, my sisters and I picked up Jordan and Katelyn and Jordan told us she was ready to go to the mall and get her ears pierced. I will say once she made up her mind to do it, she really made up her mind.
We got to the mall and both of my sisters actually kind of tried to talk her out of it in a round about way but Jordan was determined. Katelyn was determined too in wanting to get hers done like sissy but I told her she needed to wait until she was 7 (or almost 7). I want to make sure Katelyn truly understands what she is asking for.