Several of the Moms of kids who will be in Katelyn's
PreK class next year got together at the uniform store to shop together for the first time for uniforms. We went to meet them and get acquainted. It was fun.

This little girl will be in Katelyn's class. She is the one little girl I have known since her birth. We have not seen her much over the years but her Mom and I are friends. It was funny how Katelyn and her took to each other instantly.

Katelyn and three of her new classmates for
PreK.

Katelyn is measuring her friend's foot and Jordan is watching. Jordan impressed the Moms. She was telling them what they needed for the uniforms and what days you had to be in formal dress at school. Again a couple of them commented to me on how grown up she is; Jordan speaks very well to adults -- old sole.

Katelyn measuring another friend's foot. Katelyn was awesome meeting her new friends. She had no problem approaching them and talking to them right away. She acted like they had been friends forever. She was precious and it was great to see her so happy and having fun.

After uniform shopping, we all met at a frozen yogurt shop. The girls had the best time picking out there frozen yogurt and then sitting at the table eating and talking.

Jordan and Katelyn with a
PreK classmate of Katelyn's.

Another new classmate.

Having fun.

The classmates.


So after yogurt as we were saying our good-byes outside of the yogurt shop, Katelyn left a big impression.
After camp almost everyday, my friend picks up both girls for me and takes them to her house to go swimming with her kids. The kids swim and swim.
Anyhow one of the kids is a little boy and when he needs to go to the bathroom, he gets out of the pool and wets in the grass beside the pool and then jumps back in. Well, Katelyn has learned this. Twice now we have been someplace and she will tell me she needs to go to the bathroom and can she just go in the grass. I will tell her "NO" and to go into the bathroom.
Speed forward -- Moms outside of the yogurt shop saying our good-byes. I suddenly look over to see Katelyn with the other PreK girls standing in the grass with her skirt pulled down and getting ready to squat on the grass. I ABOUT DIED!!! HORRIFIED. I told Katelyn to pull her skirt up and we would go back in the yogurt shop to go to the bathroom. I quickly explained to the other Moms why she was doing this and as I walked off to take Katelyn to the bathroom they were still laughing. She definitely made a first impression!
After the yogurt shop, I took them to American Girl for dinner because I needed to purchase some birthday presents. While driving over to A.G., I stressed to Katelyn again we do not go to the bathroom in public. I'm going on and on about it hoping she will finally get it. I then hear her ask "Mommy, what is public?" My baby!

Eating dinner at American Girl. This was such a treat and the girls had a wonderful time. I have been trying to do some fun things during the summer with them.

The girls with
Kanani sign. She is the doll of the year for 2011.