Thursday, June 30, 2011
Loads of Beach Fun at Newport Coast, CA - June 2011
CHH, my Dad and my girls went on a one week trip to Newport Coast, CA to visit my Aunt Mary Anne, Uncle Steve, and cousin, Scott. We had a wonderful week. While there, we went to the beach five out of seven days. My girls loved it! I loved it. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I was so happy each and every day walking and exploring the beach with my girls, my Sweetie, and my Dad.
Grandpa with Katelyn and Jordan in the water. My Dad reminded me of a watch dog. He knows what could happen to my girls if the waves pulled them out. He would not leave the water while they were in in -- sticking close them at all times. Our first beach day, we went to Laguna Beach. The girls absolutely loved it.
Jordan and Katelyn at Crystal Cove beach. I made the mistake of taking them to the beach in their clothes. I thought this beach would be too cold to swim.
Our family on Crystal Cove beach.
I love this picture of CHH.
Daddy and his girls explored the little tide pools.
Daddy and his girls.
Jordie Bear
Crabs found in the tide pools. The girls LOVED looking for these.

While Jordan and I continued to explore the tide pools and look for shells, my Dad and CHH were watching Katelyn. I looked over to see her running and laughing through the water.

Jordan had fun jumping the waves.
Needless to say, my Dad and CHH allowed Katelyn to get wet. She was having the best time.
Running and playing in the ocean.
They are pretending they are surfing.
Soaking wet Katelyn



Another trip to the beach...


I love this picture of my two girls!
Katelyn dancing on the beach. I had the best time standing there and watching her. Her joy and happiness made me so happy. I felt very fortunate to be there with them.
Grandpa and Jordie


Jordan, my Dad and me on Crystal Cove Beach in Newport Coast, CA.


CHH and my Dad loved to watch the waves come in. CHH use to surf while growing up in Florida. He loves surfing. He told us all about the different waves and the sets they would come in.

Jordan laying on the beach soaking in the sunshine.

Jordan cartwheeling down the beach.
Her message: I LOVE (shaped like a heart)
MOMMY


A crab on the beach.
My Dad loves, loves, loves the beach. He was so happy every day, as well, walking along the beach or sitting on a rock listening to the waves. The beach reminds me of my Dad because I grew up hearing about how much he loved it.
Katelyn met this little boy and was totally fascinated with what he was doing. He was picking up crabs from the tide pools and putting them in his bucket. Before I knew it, Katelyn was standing in the tide pools with him and attempting to pick up crabs.
While standing on some rocks, I could see a rock out in the water that looked like it had a starfish on it. I took a picture with my long lens. When I got home and looked at my pictures, I could see I was correct! There was a red starfish on the rock. Pretty neat!
Again Jordan and I had the best time exploring the tide pools. I saw these plant/flower like items in the water attached to a rock. I think they may have been sea anemones - ?. Anyhow when I poked it with a stick it felt squishy and then I suddenly saw it close up. I didn't realize it was alive and thought it was a plant. When it closed up, it had shells stuck to its tentacles on its back. It was really fascinating.