During the night, my husband told me she came in our room three times. I remember one time her climbing over my head to get in the middle of us and remember hearing CHH go "No, no, no" and then taking her back to bed. He later told me this morning that he then stayed up and watched TV to make sure she went back to sleep. Why? Because our sweet Katelyn has gotten into the habit of pulling the blanket and sheets over her head and wrapping herself in them which of course scares us. He waited up for her to go back to sleep to make sure she wasn't wrapped like a mummy.
Well, 5 AM this morning -- I hear a little voice on my side of the bed talking in my ear. You got to be kidding me! Seriously! Mommy wants to sleep so desperately past 5 AM. My first mean thought is I'm going to wake every single person up in the house during the week when I get up at 5 AM including the cat and dog so they will all know how it feels! I won't, of course, but I thought it.
In my stupor and for the first time ever, I mumbled to Katelyn -- go sleep with your sister and don't wake her up. She left. I heard nothing. I waited and still heard nothing. I was listening for Jordan to say something -- nothing. No Katelyn, no Jordan. Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep now because my Mommy alert was on and I was listening for them. It didn't help that the cat knew I was awake and started purring and the dog started making movement as well. I think CHH was pretending to be asleep hoping he didn't have to get up again!
Yes, I got up to go check on them and this is what I found: