Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day 2009!

Jordan wanted to make cupcakes for Memorial Day so we did. She is Sleeping Beauty Hula girl for the cupcake making/baking event (that is what she told me!).

The girls got Grandpa to join in the fun.

Having fun licking the batter off the spoon...

Each girl had to have 12 cupcake holders to put in their pan. It had to be equal! They were counting. Grandpa supervised :)

The best part! Using spoons to get the last of the batter out of the bowl to eat.

Jordan decided she wanted blue frosting. Thanks to my friend, Christy, who sent frosting for Valentine's day and food coloring. When I told Jordan the frosting was white, she reminded me of the food coloring Christy had sent to us to make Valentine cookies. Jordan made her blue frosting. Thanks Christy!!

Jordan with her finished cupcakes. She loved decorating them!

After making breakfast on Memorial Day, Grandpa and I took the girls to the park to play.

Jordan got tired and had to have Grandpa carry her to the car.

After the park, Grandpa, Jordan and I went to Michael's. Jordan got several ceramic ponies and butterflies to paint. She loved it.

Katelyn wanted to paint to and painted her Dora the Explorer painting pages. Katelyn did really well at her painting. I can see the change in her every month on how much she is advancing and growing up. Christopher and I were just saying again this past weekend that it is going so fast. I guess that happens when you are having the time of your lives!

I did want to finish up since it is Memorial Day to say again -- thank you Dad, my Uncles, our cousin, Troy, Christopher's Dad, Cym, and all our other family members, friends and others out there who have served in the armed forces and are continuing to do so today. It is people like you who help make this country as great as it is and a wonderful place for us to live. Thank you!!