Sunday, February 15, 2009

Strep Throat for Jordan

This was my baby at 1:30 PM Sunday. She woke up once to go to the bathroom, stayed up for a little while and fell back to sleep. I have never seen Jordan stay in bed all day. She mentioned a couple of times her throat hurt. Jordan's school had sent out a notice a couple of weeks ago that Strep Throat was going around the school. Because of this, I began to wonder if she had Strep Throat.
I got Jordan up and took her to the First Choice Emergency place by our house. Out of the house at at this facility, she all of a sudden seemed fine and I wondered if I was imagining it. Well after checking her for a fever (which she did have 99.8) and swabbing her throat, they confirmed she has Strep Throat. I'm glad the school sent out that notice because I probably would have waited a couple of days thinking it may just be a cold or something.

While waiting for her throat culture results to come back, I took pictures of our hands together. She was sitting on my lap and I noticed how little her hands still seem to me. I love those little hands. We did other silly pictures with my camera phone to waste time while waiting.

After the visit, I took her home and put her back to bed where she has remained all afternoon. I left with Katelyn to go get the Amoxicillian at Walgreen's and CHH called and asked me to get carpet cleaner. He said Jordan had just thrown up all over him and the carpet. I guess it was good I was the one who went to get the medicine :) Poor sweetie and Jordie bear.

PS Aunt Kara is driving back from Austin tonight to stay home with Jordan the next couple of days. Aren't sisters great?!! Thank you Kara!!