This morning was my first drop-off. We did great. However the actual drop-off turned out to be more difficult for me that I thought.
The school warned us that it is chaos in the morning. We pull up in our car, someone gets your child out of their car seat, and you drive off. No hugs or kisses good-bye. It is quick.
Jordan and I pulled into the parking lot this morning and I told Jordan to unhook her seat belt. We pulled up in the carpool lane and Jordan's car door opened. We were pleasantly surprised to see the Headmistress of the whole school was our door opener. She greeted Jordan by her name (yet another surprise), grabbed Jordan's book bag, and got her out of the car. The door shut and I was off.
I was great until I looked in my rear view mirror. I could see another person leading Jordan into the school. Jordan had a smile on her face and I could tell she was chatting away. Her pony tail was swinging as she was walking and talking.
Emotions suddenly hit me and tears were pouring down my face before I was even out of the parking lot. Jordan looked so little compared to all the big kids arriving at school (middle school girls, high schools girls) and at the same time seemed so grown-up to me. I can't believe my baby is going to big girl school now!!
Yes, I thought about Katelyn and Jordan all day long! I couldn't wait to see them tonight and find out how their days went. I love my girls so much!!